HOMEABOUTCONTACT ME

Friday, 29 January 2010

Thumbs up to Acer Support

Acer laptop
About a week ago my Acer laptop's keyboard started giving me problems. I would press a key and nothing happened. The problem was intermittent but happened more frequently over time.

I first did all the usual anti-virus scans and found nothing wrong. I then rebooted into BIOS and the problem persisted while moving around the menus, so that meant it was not a problem with the Windows OS, since the operating system has not loaded yet. So it could only be a hardware problem.

I contacted Acer Support in Johannesburg via email; they first checked if they had stock of the components for my model and the next day the fault was logged. The DVD writer also gave me hassles and stop burning DVD's a while ago, so I logged that too.

Timeline

18 Jan: Contacted Acer Support via email
19 Jan: Received reply, said they had to check if they had components in stock first
20 Jan: Confirmed they did and fault was logged, received Case ID
21 Jan: Courier collected laptop in Cape Town and sent it to Johannesburg
28 Jan: Courier delivered laptop to me early morning

The keyboard and DVD writer was replaced as well as a plastic long strip which covers the internal speakers. Problem solved. I was without the laptop for five working days; so apart from two travel days they had the laptop for three days. I've dealt with Acer Support on two occasions and in both cases the experience was good. No hassles at all.

I'm just glad I had an extended warranty!

1 comment:

  1. this is very nice post and It is a wonderful as well as valuable item of info.
    HP Support

    HP Customer Support

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a Comment!
Please do not post as 'Anonymous'. If you're not registered, rather use the 'Name/URL' option instead.

Name (or nickname) and location is preferred. It simply makes it easier to respond to individual comments. Thanks. :)

 
Back to top